Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

To you I owe

My BFF and I

It is a blessing to meet and share a part of my life with one of the most wonderful human beings I know. I am better to have met her and I thank God every day for finding me such a loving, tender and patient friend. To Sunshine, I owe my sobriety, the peace in my heart and the tranquility in my life. 
God placed Sunshine in my life when I needed her strength the most. She propped me up when I was doubled over by a recklessly led life. I was weak spiritually and physically from years of substance abuse. I cannot explain in words what it means for someone to love you unconditionally and totally believe in your recovery and wellness, even when you don't believe the same of yourself. 
Sunshine, I will forever be indebted to you and grateful with all of my heart. I am everything I am because you loved me, as I was- broken, dejected and in need of healing. And you still love me now as I am, whole, healed and determined to live my best life ever.
Thank you for being my friend. I love you with every beat of my heart.
This one's for you:

1 comment:

  1. My dearest friend,
    I don't know what to say. Your friendship is a blessing. Sometimes our lives are blessed by people who are so special that we are happier just because we know them. I hope you always know how very special you are to me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete