Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Such Is Life: Mountains, Hills and Valleys


WisdomI haven't written in a long time. I've been so occupied with school and work. A progressive busy though, not “avoidance” busy. The sort of busy that leaves me quite contented. My Spanish is coming along marvelously. I intend to go to Guatemala and Peru the entire month of August. I truly hope that after a month's immersion into Latin culture, I will emerge somewhat fluent in Spanish. One of my dream board items is to be fluent in Spanish. Most times as I glide along life's curved, narrow or wide, straight or crooked roads, I can't help but to think of how far I've come. I've allowed myself to change. Furthermore, I can't help but to think about how much I've learned over these past two years. Sobriety has had a whole lot to do with it.
Wisdom
I feel now as if I have a handle on life. Which really means: giving up my imagined "control" to the universe. Having a handle on life, to me, means learning how to take life one day at a time. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. When it comes to what life dishes out, I've learned it's prudent to treat life's circumstances as if I had planned them out myself. Be a friend to life. No one is trying to screw you over. There are a myriad lessons life offers every day. We miss out because we are too stuck in regret, blaming and playing victim. And what happens next? Because we’re too absorbed in “Me World”, we don’t learn a thing. Thus we end up committing the same errors and perpetuating our suffering.
WisdomMy life is peaceful. That's not to say I don't have challenges but I welcome those challenges now with open arms and an open mind. What kind of a world would this be if we didn’t have mountains, hills and valleys? The same goes for life. The sooner you accept this truth, the more peaceful your life will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment